Preventive Care Starts with a healthy life style
What is Krill?
A reddish, shrimp-like crustacean. While 85 species exist around the globe, the bulk of krill oil supplements come from Antarctic krill (Euphausia superba) that lives near the floor of the Southern
Ocean. Krill has been used for decades as fishmeal for salmon and other fish. Only since 2003 has it been used in supplements.
Uniqueness of Pro Krill E
- Small, easy-to-swallow pills and no fishy aftertaste.
- Its unique“phospholipid” structure is shown to help the body absorb omega-3fatty acids better than other sources.
- It’s derived from tiny bottom-of-the-food chain shellfish in thecleanest ocean on earth, the Antarctic, it lacks the contaminants and toxinsthat can sometimes make their way into fish oil.
- Rich in EPA, DHA, antioxidants, and brain-boosting choline, krill oil has been shown to promote heartand brain health, control blood sugar, help joints stay supple, and even soothe several mild, occasionally physical, symptoms of the menstrual cycle.
- The omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA found in krill serve as essential building blocks for cells, lending membranes their structure, helping them hold in water and nutrients, and serving as potent chemical messengers that switch on production of key hormones throughout the body.
Why Neptune Krill Oil?
- Fresh Whole Krill
- Neptune Krill Oils are produced following a patented krill oil extraction process. It allows Neptune to use whole krill which is frozen aboard the fishing vessel immediately after being caught. Neptune is the only krill oil manufacturer who can work with a fresh krill biomass which has not been pre-processed prior to arriving at the extraction plant.
- Super Antioxidant Activity
- Working with a frozen, whole and fresh krill biomass has allowed Neptune to preserve the quality and richness of its krill oils. Having high levels of natural astaxanthin in krill oil is an excellent indicator of a krill biomass that was handled with care. When compared to other krill oils, Neptune Krill Oils contain up to 2X more astaxanthin, the red pigmented super antioxidant naturally present in krill.
- Essential Minerals
- Due to our unique use of frozen whole krill, Neptune Krill Oils contain greater quantities of essential minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, and zinc compared to other krill oil. These minerals are required to maintain optimal health.
- Highly Concentrated
- Our unique and patented extraction process allows our oils to have the highest concentration of total omega-3 fatty acids, EPA, and DHA in addition to 3X freer fatty acids than other krill oils. Free fatty acids are pre-digested fatty acids that do not require digestion and can be directly absorbed by the small intestine. In turn, this can potentially increase the bioavailability of Neptune Krill Oils’ fatty acids. Because of this feature, people affected by age, health or medication-related digestive issues could find NKO® to be a better source of essential omega-3s versus other krill or fish oils currently available on the market.
- Pure and Stable
- Neptune Krill Oils’ naturally occurring astaxanthin high composition translates into an enhanced oil stability.
- Clinically Supported
- Neptune conducts clinical studies on its proprietary products following protocols developed by our own scientific experts and in collaboration with industry and academic leaders in the field. Early studies conducted on NKO® were a milestone for the krill oil industry and are continuously referenced around the world.
- More Consumer Appeal
- Purity and the higher fat and astaxanthin content result in a milder aroma and a bright red colour which makes our unique Neptune Krill Oils the most vibrant and exciting oils on the market.